Delegation of Financial Powers to CGM and HoC – Department of Posts
Delegation of Financial Powers to Chief General Manager (CGM), Parcel Directorate equal to Head of Circle (HoC)
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001.
Dated: 23rd August, 2018
Subject: Delegation of Financial Powers to Chief General Manager (CGM), Parcel Directorate equal to Head of Circle (HoC)
In continuation of this office OM No. 38-1/2018-PE-II dated 19.04.2018 and 28-112018-PE-II dated 24.07.2018, approval of Competent Authority is hereby conveyed for delegation of financial powers of Head of Circle (HoC) as contained in Schedule-II of Schedule of Financial powers revised from time to time, to Chief General Manager (CGM), Parcel Directorate, New Delhi subject to the rules, orders, authority, restrictions or scales to which the expenditure shall be incurred thereon.
2. In addition to above, the Competent Authority has also delegated the enhanced financial powers to CGM, Parcel Directorate as detailed below: –
3. The financial powers so delegated shall be exercised in consultation with IFA. The IFA to BD&M Directorate in addition to his existing duties and responsibilities assist CGM, Parcel Directorate in exercise of delegation of financial powers of HoD. The IFA, BD&M Directorate will also look after the budget and accounts work of Parcel Directorate. One Section Officer/Accounts Officer to be posted in Parcel Directorate to assist IFA in the discharge of his duties w.r.t. the Parcel Directorate.
4. The provisions contained in General Financial Rules-2017, Postal Financial Handbook, Delegation of Financial Power Rules and also Schedule-ll of Schedule of Financial Powers are to be strictly followed while sanctioning the expenditure.
5. This order will take immediate effect.
6. This issues in consultation with Integrated Finance Wing diary number 65/FA/2O18/CS dated 23.08.2018
Assistant Director General ( Estt.)